Your Rights to Social Security Disability Benefits under the Obama Administration
Have you seen Barack Obama's website? There is a plan to "Empower Americans with Disabilities," which describes Obama's plan to resolve the nation's Social Security Disability issues.
The plan is divided into four parts which focus on how the Obama administration plans to provide Americans with disabilities opportunities for the best quality of life.
1. Provide Americans with disabilities the educational opportunities to succeed
2. End discrimination and promote equal opportunity for the disabled.
3. Increase the employment rate of workers with disabilities
4. Support the independent, community-based living for Americans with disabilities
Obama supports a $150 million increase in the Social Security Administration's (SSA) budget.
The Obama administration is committed to streamlining the application and appeal process for individuals with disabilities, which they cite has been grossly under funded.
– The SSA claims backlog has reached a record high of 755,000, an increase of over 440,000 since 2000.
– The average weight time for an appeals hearing is 505 days, compared to 258 days in 2000.
The Law Offices of Nancy L. Cavey your Social Security disability claims attorneys, support these efforts and will keep you advised about how and when to call your Congressional representative. We are committted to helping those in the Tampa Bay area with their denied claim for Social Security Disability Benefits.
Answering these broad-based questions isn't easy. Help is a phone call away. You can contact Nancy Cavey, an experienced long-term disability attorney at 727-894-3188.