Disability Representation For Your Disability Claim


Call Us For Free Consultation Now


Social Security Disability (SSD) > Social Security Disability (SSD) (Page 16)

Am I entitled Disabled Widows, Widowers or Surviving Divorce Spouse Benefits?

There are some very specific requirements to be entitled to disability widows, widowers, or surviving divorce spouse benefits. The Social Security rules require the you must be at least 50 years old and you have health problems that: 1.      Keep you from doing substantial work. 2.      Expected to last for at least twelve months in a row or result in death. 3.      Start with the latest of: a.       The month your spouse died. b.      The month your Social Security benefit as a plan ended c.       The month of your earlier period of your Widow disability benefits ended. If you have any questions regarding your...

Continue reading

How Do I Pick the Right Date for the “Onset of Disability?”

table.MsoNormalTable { font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Cambria","serif"; } The alleged onset of disability “AOD” is a term in the Social Security world. It is the date from which your entitlement to Social Security Disability benefits starts. That includes a five-month elimination period. The onset of disability is the first date when you are unable to engage in what is called substantial gainful activity. Substantial gainful activity is also a term under the Social Security rules which means what date could you last worked a forty hour week without significant interruptions for symptoms and/or for treatment and...

Continue reading

What are the Factors I Should Consider in Choosing a Social Security Disability Attorney?

table.MsoNormalTable { font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Cambria","serif"; } Someone who will: 1.      Educate you about the Social Security Disability claims process 2.      Gather written records and documents to support  your claim, including medical and employment records. 3.      Perform the investigation of your claim including interviewing your doctors and employers. 4.      Read and analyze your Social Security Disability claim. 5.      Meeting with your medical doctors and health care providers to fully understand your condition. 6.      Obtain your reports and form experts to support your claim. 7.      Analyze any legal issues that can result in the denial of your claim. 8.      File all the necessary forms for the Social Security Administration. 9.      Contact...

Continue reading

How do I let the Social Security Administration know I have a Lawyer?

At The Law Office of Nancy L. Cavey, we notify the Social Security Administration that you have hired us to help you with your Social Security Disability claim. We do this by filing form SSA-1696U4 Appointment of Representative with the Social Security Administration. We take care of all the communications with the Social Security Administration so that you can focus on the healing process. If you have questions regarding the Social Security Disability claims process, contact Social Security Disability claim’s lawyer Nancy L Cavey or one of our helpful paralegals to assist you with any questions you may have....

Continue reading

Do I have to Sign a Contract to Hire an Attorney?

Yes, to charge you a fee for the service you are given, the Social Security Administration requires that you file either a Fee Agreement or a Fee Petition with the Social Security Administration. Your attorney can’t charge you more than the fee amount the Social Security Administration approves. If an attorney collects a fee without the Social Security Administration’s approval, or charges or collects too much for a fee, they can be suspended or disqualified from representing anyone before the Social Security Administration. At The Law Office of Nancy L. Cavey, we have you sign an attorney fee contract and...

Continue reading

How Much Will The Fee Be In My Social Security Disability Claim?

table.MsoNormalTable { font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Cambria","serif"; } By law, the attorney fee can be no more than 25% of the past due benefits or $6264.50, whichever is less. However, your attorney can charge you for out of pocket expenses, such as medical reports or fees that doctors charge for completing disability forms, these expenses aren’t paid by the Social Security Administration and they are your responsibility to pay. If you are found to be eligible for Social Security benefits, the Social Security Administration will withhold 25% of your past due benefits towards the fee. The Social Security Administration...

Continue reading

When Should I Contact a Social Security Disability Attorney?

At The Law Office of Nancy L. Cavey,  our social security disability professionals suggest that you contact a Social Security Disability attorney before you file a claim for benefits so that you understand the five step Social Security Disability process and what steps you have to take so that you should be receiving Social Security Disability benefits, it’s not a simple as may think and attorney Nancy L. Cavey has written a free consumer “Your Rights to Social Security Disability Benefits” to help you with the Social Security Disability process, you can order your free, no obligation copy by call...

Continue reading

What are Costs in a Social Security Disability Claim?

Many times Nancy Cavey, Pinellas and Hillsborough County Social Security Disability attorney, will contact your doctor and ask them to fill out what is called a residual functional capacity form. She always gets her medical records from the treating physicians. At The Law Office of Nancy L. Cavey, we prepay the expenses associated with getting these records or these forms filled out. Costs can vary depending on the number of medical doctors you have seen, the size your medical records and whether we need to have your doctor fill out a residual functional capacity form. Costs rarely run over $350.00. The Social...

Continue reading