If You Don’t Know How to Choose the Right Social Security Attorney You’ll Hate Yourself Later When Your Social Security Disability Claim is Denied
You need to work closely with a Social Security Disability attorney to get the Social Security Disability benefits you are entitled to. But, before you hire a lawyer you need to know how to choose the right lawyer for your Social Security Disability case. If you don’t, you’ll hate yourself later and you’ll lose your claim.
The Law Offices of Nancy L. Cavey suggest that you do the following things:
1. Look at the lawyers website to determine whether there is helpful information about the Social Security Disability claims process. Does this website educate you or is all about the lawyer?
2. When you contact the lawyer’s office are you treated as a welcomed visitor or a pest? How you are treated is a good indication about how the lawyer will treat you when you become a client.
3. Meet the lawyer in person. At The Law Offices of Nancy L. Cavey we prefer to have an initial visit with our clients in person. Though telephone consults may be convenient, we believe establishing a great working relationship with you is based on a personal visit.
4. Inquire about the Social Security attorneys experience in handling claims. The Social Security Disability claims process can be long and complicated. You want to be represented by a Social Security Disability attorney who keeps up with the changes in the rules and regulations, who is familiar with the judges who hear cases, and knows how to prepare a winning case.
5. Find out if the lawyer has any trial experience handling Social Security Disability cases. Not every trial lawyer knows how to try a Social Security case and arguing a case in front of a judge and jury is very different than arguing a case in front of an administrative law judge.
If you don’t pick the right Social Security Disability attorney, you may reduce your chances at winning your Social Security Disability claim.