What Every Type One Diabetic Needs To Know About Their Disability Insurance Policy
Diabetes is a disabling condition that has terrible complications, including heart disease, stroke blindness, chronic kidney disease, amputation, and even death. This disease and or condition is something we see when dealing with long term disability insurance carriers in disability claims.
What about type one diabetes?
There are many complications with type one diabetes that disability insurance carriers simply don’t understand. These complications include the following:
– 57% have eye problems
– 13% have kidney disease
– 60% have nerve damage
– 50% have cardiovascular disease.
I have found that Long term disability carriers simply don’t understand the complications of a type one diabetes claim. It is crucial that your medical records document the following:
– The objective basis of the diagnosis
– Whether you have any eye problems, and the extent and nature of said eye problems
– Whether you have any kidney disease and the extent and nature of those problems
– Nerve damage in the feet
– Nerve problems in the hands, that make it difficult or impossible to engage in fine motor movement
– Cardiovascular disease with any complications secondary to cardiovascular disease.
What should I do if my type one diabetes disability insurance claim has been denied?
It is time for you to contact diabetes disability attorney Nancy L Cavey who can help you get the disability benefits you deserve. We have helped those who suffer from type one diabetes get the disability benefits they were entitled to when they signed up for their disability policy. Call us at 727-894-3188 today to get started with the process. We do free initial consultations and also can help you nationwide – regardless of which state you live in.