The Social Security Administration doesn’t make it easy for those who are disabled and unable to work to get the Social Security Disability benefits they deserve.
The claims process is confusing, full of traps and can take forever. Worse, the Social Security Five-Step Sequential Evaluation process used in every case to determine if you are disabled has nothing to do with reality. The disability test is complex and is applied differently depending on your age, work experience, the skills that you have learned and your physical and psychological restrictions and limitations.
We wish the best to those people who think they can represent themselves in a Social Security Disability claim. But remember what Abraham Lincoln said, “He who represents himself has a fool for a client.”
Why Hiring an Attorney Is More Important Than Ever
It’s hard to put a price on the lifetime Social Security disability benefits and medical care you are entitled to. Everyone’s situation is different. But as of 2010, an advocacy group that has worked for older Americans for more than three decades — The National Committee to Preserve Social Security & Medicare — estimated that the Social Security disability protection for a young disabled worker with a spouse and two children was more than $465,000.
Do you want to jeopardize your benefit by representing yourself? This is not the Judge Judy show!
The Advantages To Hiring A Social Security Disability Attorney
The advantages to hiring a Social Security attorney rather than representing yourself include:
- You Improve Your Chances of Getting Benefits
The claims process is confusing and full of delays. Studies show that Social Security disability applicants who apply without representation are more likely to be denied. These studies show that applicants with representation win their benefits twice as often as those who do it themselves. Representation makes a huge difference.
- You Improve Your Chances of Getting Your Benefits The First Time You Apply
66% of Initial Social Security Disability applications are denied. Many applicants then must wait 16 to 18 months to get a hearing on their claim. Isn’t it better to get it right the first time by obtaining and submitting the best evidence from the beginning?
- You Improve Your Chances of Resolving Your Claim More Quickly
Your goal is to get your Social Security disability benefits as quickly as possible. But the reality is that the average wait for a hearing nationally is 12.8 months. And it’s worse in Florida. The average wait time in Florida is:
Tampa 16 Months
St. Petersburg 15 Months
Orlando 14 Months
Jacksonville 17.5 Months
Fort Lauderdale 16 Months
Miami 19 Months
Having an experienced Social Security attorney can make all the difference in navigating the claims process and getting a decision as quickly as possible.
This can include:
- Preparing an Initial Application that accurately explains your work history and job requirements, listing and developing all the medical evidence for every medical condition you have, regardless of whether that condition is disabling on its own, documenting the side effects of medication and having your doctor fill out a Residual Functional Capacity form outlining your restrictions,
- Preparing a Request For Reconsideration and submitting all updated medical records,
- Preparing a Request For Hearing, gathering and updating your medical records, testing, and updated Residual Functional Capacity form from your doctor, and preparing a winning argument for the Administrative Law Judge,
- Preparing you for the hearing with the judge,
- Preparing a winning argument that presents the most favorable facts, and attending your hearing with the judge.
How Attorney Nancy L. Cavey Can Help You Secure Your Benefits Quickly
No attorney can guarantee if and when you can expect your Social Security disability benefits. But experience counts. In more than 35 years representing Social Security disability applicants, Nancy Cavey has helped thousands get the disability benefits they deserve.
She has developed streamlined processes for:
- Preparing the Initial Application for Hearing, Request for Reconsideration and Request for Hearing,
- Gathering medical information and Residual Functional Capacity forms,
- Identifying cases that can be fast-tracked under the Compassionate Allowances and Wounded Warrior programs,
- Preparing legal memorandums for the Administrative Law Judge and requesting the judge make a decision on your claim without going to hearing,
- Communicating with you at every stage of your claim and keeping you up to date,
- Communicating with you about the medical aspects of your claim,
- Preparing you for a hearing with the judge that includes a hearing preparation packet, DVD of a hearing so you know what to expect, and personalized preparation for your hearing.
Why You Should Hire Nancy L. Cavey As Your Florida Social Security Disability Attorney
Ms. Cavey represents clients on a contingency fee basis; if she doesn’t get your benefits she doesn’t get paid. You are shielded, in writing, from paying fees if you don’t get your benefits. She also advances all necessary costs out of her own pocket, though you are responsible for repaying those costs even if you don’t get your benefits.
There is no attorney’s fee unless you win. No recovery, no fee. And you can obtain Ms. Cavey’s expertise without any money out of pocket.
Ms. Cavey’s fee is 25% of the back benefits up to $6,000. The Social Security Administration, not Ms. Cavey, sets the amount of her fee.
Call us at 727-894-3188 to learn about your rights to Social Security disability benefits and our “no recovery, no fee” guarantee.
If your doctor has told you to stop working or you’ve come to realize that you just can’t work anymore, it is time to contact Social Security Disability attorney Nancy L. Cavey.
When Nancy was in junior high school, her father was diagnosed with leukemia and, by the time she graduated from high school, her father was no longer able to work.
She remembers how her father, a World War II veteran, made the difficult decision to apply for Social Security disability benefits. She remembers her parents filling out the Social Security disability application and forms and waiting for a decision from the Social Security Administration.
Nancy graduated from college in three years with the dream of having her father see her graduate. He died several weeks before she graduated, but he knew that his daughter was going to law school to represent people just like him.
She brings passion, enthusiasm and personal experience in representing you and your family in your Social Security disability claim.
A Trusting Relationship
Trust is the foundation of any relationship and particularly the attorney-client relationship. Nancy had earned the trust of her clients, not only through this website and her books, but with her community involvement in many different disability disease support groups.
From the moment you watch her many videos, call her office or meet her you will see and feel her passion and desire to get you the disability benefits you deserve. She will earn your trust even before you hire her.
It doesn’t stop there. She will keep earning your trust after you have hired her. You are provided with:
- Personalized first-class service throughout your case,
- Constant communication about your case, including information about what happens at each stage of the Social Security disability claims process and how the Social Security Administration views your disabling medical conditions,
- Answers to your questions, concerns and fears,
- An informative monthly newsletter,
- Personal preparation for your hearing by Nancy,
- Her skill and expertise as she attends your hearing with the Administrative Law Judge to make sure the judge considers the most favorable basis of your case and testimony in support of your claim. Nancy will be prepared to cross-examine and overcome the testimony of any experts the judge has testify at your hearing.
Trust is essential. Nancy wants your important decision to hire her as your attorney to be the right decision for you. You owe it to yourself and your family to give yourself the best chance for success by being represented by an attorney you trust.
A First Class Award Winning Attorney
Successfully obtaining Social Security Disability benefits takes skill, experience and talent. Nancy Cavey has been representing Social Security disability applicants for more than 35 years. She has received the highest rating for her legal skills by Martindale Hubbell, AVVO and from other attorneys.
More than anything you want your Social Security Disability benefits. In 2014 alone, Ms. Cavey secured Social Security disability benefits for 90% of her clients at all stages of the Social Security disability claims process.
You can learn more about her results on our case results page.
Nancy Cavey does not give up. She will get you results or go down fighting. She advances all costs and won’t charge you a fee unless she gets your Social Security disability benefits. That is guaranteed in writing and will provide you with peace of mind.
So What Are You Waiting For?
Call now for your free, no obligation consultation with experienced, passionate and results-driven Social Security Disability Attorney Nancy L. Cavey. Call 727-894-3188. Isn’t it time that you had peace of mind?