Why Every Medical Professional Should Have a Disability Claims Consultation Before Filing a Claim for Long Term Disability Benefits
There are many stumbling rocks in the disability process. Before a medical professional considers filing a claim for disability benefits, there is help available. You have a difficult decision to make about whether and when to apply for disability benefits and how to you maintain your practice as you move through the disability process.
Disability claims advice should include the following:
1. A professional review of your disability policies, including business overhead policies, a written summary of your benefits and a potential problem errors as you move through the disability claims process.
2. An analysis of your pre-disability income so that you have a baseline of determining the amount of your benefits.
3. An understanding of your ability to work while disabled and the potential to collect residual disability benefits while you continue to work.
4. A complete understanding of your monthly benefits and a any reduction of those benefits by the receipt of Social Security Disability, 401k benefits or other income that could be used to reduce your benefits.
5. An analysis of your medical condition, likely date of disability and its impact on your practice. You should have a discussion about your individual situation based on your personal and professional needs.
The disability claims process is not trouble free and more often than not, can be a long, difficult and exhausting process. You should find a Long Term Disability attorney who can provide consultation, monitoring and hands on work in every phase of applying for and receiving and continuing to receive in a buy out of your Long Term Disability benefits.
Unfortunately, sometimes professionals wait until they are so incapacitated that their family and friends have to help them through the disability claims process. Don’t put you or your family in that situation.
If you are a Medical Professional and need help your your claim for Long Term Disability benefits, contact us today for a free assessment of your benefits before you get denied on your disability claim. 727-894-3188.