Why Every Dental Professional Should Have a Disability Claims Consultation Before Filing a Claim for Long Term Disability Benefits
There are many stumbling blocks in the disability process. Before a dental professional considers filing a claim for disability benefits, there is help available to make that difficult decision about whether and when to apply for disability benefits and how to maintain your practice as you move through the disability process. Disability claims advice should include the following:
1. Get a professional review of your disability policies, including business overhead policies, a written summary of your benefits and potential problem areas as you move through the disability claims process.
2. An analysis of your pre-disability income so that you have a baseline of determining the amount of your benefits.
3. An understanding of your ability to work while disabled and collecting residual disability benefits.
4. A complete understanding of your monthly benefits and any reduction of those benefits, such as the receipt of Social Security Disability benefits, 401K benefits or other benefits that could be used to reduce your benefits.
5. An analysis of you medical condition, likely period of disability and its impact on your practice. With a discussion of your individual situation based on a personal and professional basis.
Every dental professional thinking about applying for disability benefits should have an expert disability consultation. The disability claims process is not trouble free and more often that not, it can be a long difficult and exhausting process. At Cavey and Barrett we provide consultation, monitoring and hands on work in every phase of applying for, receiving and continuing to receive your Long Term Disability benefits.
Unfortunately, sometimes professionals wait until they are so incapacitated that their family and friends have to help them with the disability claims process. Don’t put roadblocks up and make the receipt of Long Term Disability benefits more difficult than it is. At Cavey and Barrett, we assist dental professionals nation wide in the Long Term Disability insurance claims process.
Contact us today if you have want to talk about long term disability and how we can help you with this process before its too late.