UNUM and Paul Revere Use Targets and Goals For Claim’s Denial/ UNUM Provident Paul Revere Long Term Disability Denied Attorney
UNUM Provident and Paul Revere have been found guilty of setting targets and goals for claim’s terminations to include the profitability of UNUM and Paul Revere without respect to whether or not that Long Term Disability policy holder is rightfully due their benefits.
In the case of Hangarter v. Provident Life An Accident Insurance Company, 373f.3d998, 1014 (9th Circuit 2004) and more recently in the case Merick v. Paul Revere Life and UNUM Provident, 2008 US District Lexis 106976 (November 17, 2008), both companies have been found guilty of:
1. Establishing targets and goals to terminate Long Term Disability claims.
2. Have net termination ratio targets on a corporate wide basis.
3. Have financial targets for closing claims on a corporate basis.
4. Creating claim’s handling units for purposes for obtaining certain amounts in claims closures or recoveries from claimants who are receiving Social Security Disability benefits.
5. Requiring every unit who did not make their weekly goals to develop a written action plan to make sure that they met the closure goals.
6. Regularly communicating these targeting goals to claims handling employees by e-mails and weekly meetings.
7. Giving incentives to claims personnel to find reasons to terminate
8. Kept charts in each claims unit which were updated throughout that the day so the claims personnel could see how their termination activity contributed to UNUM Provident’s bottom line.
Isn’t that disgusting!
Unfortunately, UNUM Provident Paul Revere Long Term Disability denied attorney Nancy Cavey sees this behavior continue despite punitive damage awards in excess of $10 million against UNUM Provident and Paul Revere for this behavior.
UNUM Provident and Paul Revere put their financial well being first. If you are a UNUM or Paul Revere disability policy holder whose Long Term Disability claim has been denied or suspended for any reason contact Long Term Disability denied attorney Nancy Cavey who represents UNUM and Paul Revere policy holders whose claims have been wrongfully denied throughout the United States.