The Dirty Secret About Long Term Disability Interviews
Long Term Disability Attorney Nancy Cavey who has written the go to guide on surveillance and completing activity of daily living forms, knows that there is a dirty secret about long term disability insurance carrier interviews. If, for example, you’ve undergone survey, you will most likely see these kinds of questions:
- How is your recovery coming?
- What are your current restrictions and limitations?
- What are you current symptoms?
- What is your current course of treatment and does this include a return to work? If not, why not?
- How often do you meet with your physicians?
- Have you started any physical therapy?
- Are you taking any medication? If so, what is the main dosage and any side effects? Where do you fill the prescriptions?
- If the claimant is operating a business, ask questions about whether the business is still in operation. If you have a partner ask questions about the partnership. Ask questions about how often you go to the place of business.
- Ask whether there were any barriers for a return to work?
- Comment on how the “insured” handles himself during the interview.
You can be assured that the long term disability carrier is going to check to see if the medications are being filled, they will check the business license and they’ll probably put surveillance on the claimant as he goes to his work. If a long term disability carrier is scheduling your statement, you should be represented, don’t be foolish and set yourself up for a claims denial. Give us a call today to get started with your claim. 727-894-3188 or use the contact form on the right side of this page.